Manufacturing services for rental companies
- We manufacture clearspan roof panels, gables, and sidewalls, as well as fabric panels for peak tops, domes, tensioned tents, and high peaks.
- We design and make fabric panels for unique rental applications such as stages, custom design structures, shade walkways.
- We also offer assistance with shop drawings, engineering, and fabric choice. We make rental fabric that fits existing frames, with the exact finish details that you want.
- We offer graphics on rental fabric using different methods tailored to the exact requirements.
About rental tents
Rental Tents are divided into 3 groups of standardized products:
- Tensile tents use poles and guy straps, combined with the use of the double-curved fabric as a structural member.
- Frame tents use a light frame as structural support and rely on guy straps for structural stability.
- Clearspan tents use larger aluminum keder extrusions as a self-supporting frame, without the need for guy straps.
While all these styles of tents can be fully engineered for code-based loads, the clearspan tents are most typically designed to meet the building code since the lack of guy straps lowers the anchoring requirements and makes it easier to meet building code.
There is also a variety of special designs in smaller rental tents, and even larger tents can be completely custom designed and not fall within the 3 categories above.
Some new rental tent styles are gaining traction: airbeam supported rental tents and stretch tents. Airbeam tents are supported by air inflated fabric tubes which act as structural beams. They were developed for military use initially, to take advantage of faster installation times when building large camps. They are also not easily damaged when overloaded in heavy winds, they can deform and come back to their original shape as long as the anchoring holds. Stretch tents use a special type of fabric that has a very high elasticity, to allow poles to be moved depending on the exact requirements of the rental application. They can create the look of a Bedouin tent or can be used to create flexible transitions between standard rental tents.
Lightweight Manufacturing supports the tent rental industry with the manufacturing of fabric panels for clearspan tents and for custom designed rental tents. Through Lightweight Design we also provide engineering services, including certification of existing rental tents, project specific or generic, and design of new rental tents.
Take the next step
Please note that Lightweight Manufacturing is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information and will always treat it with the utmost care and will never share your information with any third party.